Noonday Builders for Christ and Burnt Hickory Baptist Church (BHBC) are sponsoring a construction mission to Show-Me Christian Youth Home located in La Monte, MO, in June 2022. The appropriate cost for the trip is $100 per participant, including food, onsite lodging, BHBC bus transportation, and trip insurance. Participants younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.
The schedule plan is to:
- arrive either on Saturday, June 4, or Sunday, June 5
- start work on Monday morning, June 6
- depart on Saturday, June 11
George Lanham will be directing onsite work. The scope of work includes two major elements as follows:
- Removing and replacing old plastic siding and windows from an existing house
- Building out an existing pavilion with a concession stand and press box; then framing out two bathrooms
In addition, we may perform other tasks as time permits and will support meal preparation, as needed.
The Show-Me organization is providing food, lodging and materials. Lodging consists of sleeping quarters with bunk beds. All participants should bring personal items: hygiene items, as well as sheets, towels, etc. You may bring cots and/or inflatable mattresses if you wish. Also, if anyone wishes to pay for separate accommodations, motels are located approximately 15 miles from the Show-Me Christian Youth Home.
Two separate registrations are required for this trip:
- BHBC has created a registration link, including estimated costs, as follows:
- Please submit your $50 deposit upon completion of registration. Note that the BHBC Evangelism Course is required for BHBC members only.
- In addition, Show-Me Christian Youth Home requires a separate registration as follows: https://showmehelpingkids.com/individual-registration-multi-page/
Please complete both registrations on or before MAY 4.
Also, BHBC is making available its smaller, 12-passenger bus at no additional charge.
Tom McCord is the contact for this trip. His contact information is 770.876.2434 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have registered, please provide your name and T-shirt size to Tom.
Please join us in this wonderful effort.